Before diving into this month’s content, I just want to say, HAPPY PRIDE, EVERYONE!!! Here at Alchemy Virtual Assistance, we are celebrating the LGBTQ community all month long! How have you been celebrating while social distancing? Drop me a line and let me know 🙂
Whether you’re a therapist or a small business owner, chances are you spend the majority of your time supporting others. You invest a great deal of time and energy making sure you’re on top of your game, plugged in, engaged, present, and delivering your very best to your clients every day.
This can be challenging under normal circumstances. During a pandemic? Let’s be honest, some days are tough. We are perhaps not as emotionally resilient as we’d like to be. We may even feel physically drained at times. We are all juggling personal and professional responsibilities and our usual work-life balance may be a bit wonky.
I think we can all agree that the need for self-care has increased dramatically. And while you may feel you can’t afford to press pause on your business, or that you can’t step away to take some vacation time, there are some things you can do to reset and regroup.
Here’s a short list of business tools and lifestyle hacks to consider:
- Take breaks throughout your day. Schedule them if you have to. Get up from your desk, stretch, go outside for a bit — even if just for 10 minutes.
- (Bonus points) Do some guided meditation or breath work. Personally, I have an app called Insight Timer on my phone and my tablet for this purpose and I love it. Super convenient to use and there are many different types of meditations and talks to check out as well as a meditation timer if you prefer to do your own thing.
- Do consider taking time off. As the engine and generator of your business, it’s so important to unplug from time to time to avoid burning out. Doing so will not only restore you physically and emotionally — but will absolutely reboot your creativity. So consider scheduling some vacation time — start with a long weekend, if you really feel like you can’t step away at the moment.
- Check out Trello if you’re struggling to keep track of all your to-dos and business plans, from daily office needs to marketing strategy. Trello can be a life and sanity saver. It’s an easy to use web-based list making/project management app that will help you keep track of all. the. things.
- Are your social media posts flagging? It’s hard to come up with creative, valuable content when you’re feeling stressed, scattered, or burnt out. If you regularly find yourself scrambling when it comes to social media content — whether it’s time or creativity you’re lacking — consider using Hootsuite or Buffer. You can’t go wrong with either of these, honestly. They’re easy to use and will help you tame your social media accounts! Log into these social media managers a couple times each month so that you can plan and schedule your content and ditch the angst!
Get In Touch
Need to talk through some business challenges you’re grappling with?
I’m just a click or a phone call away 🙂 Connect with me, here.